Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Lakers Take Down Kings

Lakers took down the Kings to improve to 43-18. They were trailing the first 44 minutes of the game but Mr. MVP took over in the 4th and the Lakers prevailed. Kobe finished with 34 points and Pau added a modest 32. So sick to see our 2 best players putting 30+ points each. The game was a struggle for the Lakers for 3 1/2 quarters but when the time came, Mr. MVP just took over first getting to the line with ease and making the free throws, then making dazzling 360 plays.
Pau also showed his worth, as if he hasn't already. He played a GREAT game he was there from start to finish.
As I said earlier, Sacramento held the lead for the first 44 minutes, they played their hearts out and I give them credit for that. I believe the Sac fans still believe that the LA vs Sac is still a rivalry and that's what gets them going. Well good for them, I felt the energy from the crowd and that made the game exciting to watch. But to me, the better thing to see was how many Laker fans showed up at Arco Arena.. I mean in the final 4 minutes whenever Kobe was shooting free throws, the chant of MVP was apparant. It must be sickening to the Maloofs to hear that since they thought they had this game in hand. Oh well..
The Lakers are now 43-18 and with 21 games left. They are tied with San Antonio for the top spot in the west. The next 2 months is really going to be an exciting one to watch. Thank God my wife let me get NBA LP this year. Living away from LA and watching the Lakers play like this makes me want to move back soo bad... Well hopefully soon we will be able to move back.
Next up is the Clips on Friday.. Lets make it 3 in a row fellas.. Go LA 08.. KB24MVP

No comments: